Coming up with the right webinar topic, promoting that webinar, preparing for it and actually presenting it is a lot to handle. Luckily, there are specific webinar tips you can follow that help you along the way.
Follow these webinar tips and tricks to nail your next webinar – from planning all the way up to follow-up.
Tips for Planning the Webinar
1. Know Your Audience
Think about your audience. What gets them interested? What are their ambitions? What kind of problems are they facing in their work?
To have a really clear understanding of your audience, you could create a persona – an ideal participant.
2. Pick an Enticing Topic
Now that you have your participant persona in place, put yourself in their shoes. What would they want to learn? What kind of problems they’re facing? The general topic of your webinar will have a huge influence on your webinar success.
Teaching your attendees a new skill is always a good way to go.
3. Create an Attractive Webinar Title
The topic of your webinar could be just awesome. But you still have to present it in a way that actually sounds attractive and interesting.
When choosing your webinar title, try to use power words. Also, numbers works great. For example, “3 Key Skills Every Landscape Photographer Must Master“
4. Pick the Perfect Date
To maximize your webinar attendance rate, try to schedule it to a date when people are available to join. Fortunately, you don’t have to come up with it yourself, as there are relevant statistics for it. Wednesday and Thursdays work best.
5. Pick the Right Time of Day
And as you may have guessed, choosing the right time of day for your webinar is almost as important as choosing the right day. Again, you can make a statistically safe choice here. Or you could refer back to the attendee persona, think about their average day and fit your webinar into there.
6. Decide How Long Should Your Webinar Be
Another important aspect for planning your webinar is deciding how long it should be. My webinar tip here is to follow the rule of thumb – 1 hour webinars work best. It’s enough time to present a meaningful amount of content, but it’s not too long for people to get bored or lose focus.
7. Decide on Your Webinar Format
8. Optimize your Webinar Landing Page
9. Sign-up Pop-ups Actually Work
Tips for Promoting the Webinar
10. Publish a Blog Post About Your Webinar
11. Promote Your Webinar on LinkedIn & Facebook Groups
12. Run Facebook Re-Targeting to Visitors Who Didn’t Register
13. Ask you Co-Host or Guest to Promote the Webinar
14. Promote Your Webinar to Your Email List
15. Alternate on Your Email Invite Templates
16. Track & Optimize Your Webinar Invite Sender Name
17. A/B Test Your Email Subject Line
18. Resend the Invites to Everyone Who Didn’t Open the Email
19. Schedule Email Reminders for the Right Time
At least 1 day and 1 hour before the webinar
20. Add the “Add to Calendar” Call-to-Action on the Post-Registration Thank-You Page
21. Include the “Add to Calendar” Call-to-Action in the Registration Confirmation Email
22. Experiment with Adding a Video to the Registration Page
Make sure it doesn’t distract from the main call-to-action. Track your results.
23. Experiment with Registration Pop-ups
Instead of a form that’s visible right off the bat. A/B test the page
24. Experiment with SMS Text Message Reminders
Tips for Preparing the Webinar Slides
25. Keep Your Visuals Consistent
26. Pick Visually Pleasing Colors
27. Make Your Slides Visually Appealing
No walls of texts, Add Images
28. One Idea Per Slide
29. Have a at least 36+ font size
30. Choose a Readable Font
Tips for Preparing for the Webinar Presentation
31. Don’t Forget About Your Mobile Attendees
32. Rehearse by Doing a Dry Run
In the actual webinar room, so you’ll get familiar with all the controls while running the presentation
33. Invest in High Quality Webcam & Microphone
34. Have a Stable Internet Connection
Plug in the cable. Be prepared to share a mobile hotspot when the internet loses connection.
35. Test Your Equipment
36. Silence Your Surroundings
37. Write a Webinar Script or Outline
38. Practice Your Webinar Script
39. Switch it up with Short Videos or Animated Gifs
40. Make Time for Interactions
41. Launch a Poll Asking Your Audience Opinion
42. Share & Discuss the Poll Results
43. Integrate with Your CRM & Marketing Software
Tips for Running the Webinar
44. Arrive Early in the Webinar Room
45. Launch Your Offer at the Right Time
46. Introduce Your Co-Hosts or Guests Properly
47. Introduce the Webinar Agenda
48. Greet Attendees as They’re entering the Webinar Room
Ask where they’re joining from. Engage them with easy banter.
49. Mention That You’re Recording
And that they’ll get the recording via email after the webinar
50. Manage Audience Expectations
51. Start with a Captivating Hook
52. Prepare a List of Likely Q&A Questions
53. Have an Extra Laptop
54. Don’t be Afraid to Improvise When it Feels Right
55. Have a Glass of Water Ready
No carbonated drinks or even coffee
56. Stand Up While Presenting
57. Mind Your Background
Use a green screen. Can alternate the background each time, so it won’t get boring.
58. Put Your Phone on Mute
59. Mute all Notifications
60. Warm up Your Voice
Tips for Presenting the Webinar Content
61. Keep Your Webcam on At All Times
It creates trust and engages the audience
62. Emphasize Your Points by Switching to Full Webcam Mode
Minimize the slides when you’re emphasizing a point.
Switch up the visuals to spike their attention
63. Finish Your Content with Actionable Takeaways
Tips for Webinar Follow-up
64. Schedule a Follow-up Email Right After the Webinar
65. Set a Clear Call-to-Action in the Follow-up Email
66. Send a different Call-to-Action for No-Shows
Emphasis on actually watching the webinar first
67. Include the Webinar Replay Recording
68. Ask for Feedback
Right after the webinar has ended. Or by sending a survey on the email, Keep it brief.
69. Emphasize Your Points by Switching to Full Webcam Mode
70. Host the Same Webinar Again to a Different Set of Attendees
Tips for Learning From Previous Webinars
71. Reflect on Your Presentation
72. Analyze the Attendance & Focus
73. Analyze the Registration Sources
Webinar Tips Summary and Key Takeaways
Treat this list of webinar tips as a checklist as you’re going through each phase of planning, preparing and hosting your webinar. Keeping these webinar tips in mind will ensure that your webinar content and delivery will be top notch.
To make sure you have the maximum flexibility when planning your webinars, make sure to choose the best webinar platform.