Hosting webinars is an increasingly popular marketing and sales strategy. It’s especially proven to be effective for B2B sales, high-ticket SaaS products and online courses.
The reason webinars are effective is because of the relative scarcity (have to register and attend at a specific time), the personal relationships the host builds with the audience and the educational value of the event.
Choosing the best webinar software is an important step to make sure you’ll maximize the attendance rate, truly engage with your audience, have the tools for a proper follow-up and learn the most important insights using the analytics dashboard.
What Aspects to Consider When Choosing a Webinar Software?
Choosing the best webinar software depends a lot on your goals. In this review, we’re focusing on the marketing and sales aspects of a webinar software.
We’ll evaluate each software based on its features that help you convert visitors to webinar attendees. And then converting the attendees to sales.
The 10 most important factors to consider when choosing a webinar software are:
- What types of webinars can you host? Can you host automated webinars? How easy is the setup?
- How much can you customize the webinar landing page? Can you customize the registration form? Is there registration page A/B testing included?
- Can you customize the emails using the email editor? How well can you schedule the webinar reminder emails to maximize the attendance rate?
- How well are the audience interaction tools (polls, offers, Q&A) features designed? Do they actually help you increase sales during the webinar?
- Does the video engine broadcast the best possible webcam quality without being laggy? Is there an on-demand customer support available?
- Do the presentation tools actually make the presentation easier for you? Does it have slideshow and video injections?
- Can attendees join with their mobile devices? Does the platform support different types of browsers?
- Can you automatically send the webinar replay to your attendees? Can they ask questions during the replay?
- Can you get analytics & insights about the webinar? What can you learn about your attendees and attendance? Can you export data?
- How fairly is the webinar software priced? Is there a trial available?
I’ve actually used every single webinar software in this review and evaluated its features based on these 10 criteria.
What is the Best Webinar Software?
BigMarker is the best webinar software if you’re looking for diversity, flexibility and rich marketing features. It’s probably the most diverse webinar software on the market. You can literally host any type of webinar on it, for example:
- Live webinars
- Automated webinars
- Evergreen webinars
- On-demand webinars
- Live streams
- There’s even a 24/7 always-on webinar room
You can customize the landing page to your liking and add custom questions to it. The email reminders are diverse and flexible.
When to use BigMarker?
BigMarker is for you if you’re an experienced webinar marketer. You want to run live webinars, automated webinars, evergreen webinars and live streams.
Webinars are a centerpiece of your marketing strategy and you want a reliable software with rich marketing features and excellent presentation tools.
What’s the price?
The cheapest package will get you up to 100 attendees with live and automated webinars for $ 99 per month.
WebinarJam is probably the most popular webinar software currently on the market. They’re greatly focused on marketing features and the live room is specifically designed for sales webinars. The customizability on the webinar registration pages is remarkable and the analytics dashboard is very insightful.
When to use WebinarJam?
WebinarJam is a very reliable webinar software and perfect if you’re committed to a long-term webinar strategy. WebinarJam is only for live webinars and focuses very much on the audience interactions during the webinar.
What's the Price?
GetResponse is a fully-loaded all-in-one marketing platform. It’s originally an email marketing software, but their webinar features are a remarkable extension.
When marketers build marketing tools, you’ll end up with an extremely useful and conversion-optimized software.
When to use GetResponse?
You’ll get the most benefit out of GetResponse if you’re also using it as an email marketing software. When you’re running webinars and your email marketing campaigns on it, it’s a marketing powerhouse. For combining these two, it’s the best webinar software.
What's the Price?
To host webinars on GetResponse, you’d have to get at least the Plus package, which is only $ 49 / month. It also gets you the automation builder and up to 100 attendees. Not to mention all the email marketing features.
WebinarNinja is a super easy-to-use webinar software with a clean-looking user interface. The webinar setup takes literally 30 seconds. It’s a webinar software with a growing popularity and a reliable platform for many successful companies.
When to use WebinarNinja?
WebinarNinja is the best webinar software if you want to host live + automated webinars at a cheap price. If you care about a clean user interface and rich audience engagement tools, then definitely go with WebinarNinja.
What's the Price?
The pricing on WebinarNinja is super affordable. The cheapest package is only $ 49 / month and will get you live and automated webinars with up to 100 attendees.
Demio is the best webinar software if your audience size is under 50 attendees. Demio is the preferred webinar platform for most start-ups and starting webinar marketers.
One of my favorite features about Demio is the focus tracking, so you can analyze when you gained or lost your audience’s attention.
When to use Demio?
Demio is the best webinar software for marketers who are just starting out with webinars. It’s also a popular choice among start-ups and coaching sessions.